The Lac des Rousses peat bog trail
You may return by using via road or through the Rocher du Lac.
Several stops will enable you to understand how the peat bog and the lake work, with the help of 5 media:
- The lake's habitat and its operation
- Glacial origin and drinking water
- The peat bog's functioning
- The origin of the peat bog
- A protected area
Every year, thousands of hikers pass through this trail. For the well-being and safety of all, and to respect the environment, here are the rules to observe:
- Please keep your dog on a lead
- Do not leave the deck
- Cycling is not authorised
- Take your waste with you
- Do not light any fires outside of the equipment provided
- The plants and wild flowers in the peat bogs and surrounding fields are beautiful, they may be rare and protected and often wilt quickly. Do not pick them! They will delight the next hikers.
To visit and get about in the High-Jura, visit www.reshaut-jura.fr, the eco-mobility portal listing all means of transport within the Park.
During the summer season, a bus runs every day, its timetable is available on the website of the Rousses station's Tourist Office.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: