Lamoura lake trail
Six unusual stops explain the valley's geological formation, how hydraulic power was once used along the water and present the aquatic life in the lake.
- Welcome to Lamoura lake
- The formation of the lake
- About us, the lake's hosts
- The peat bog
- The life of the lake
- Water saws and mills of the Lake's Combe
Want to learn more about the mysterious world of peat bogs? A module on this topic and the documentary "Tourbières, trésors cachés de la montagne jurassienne" (Peat bogs, hidden treasures of the Jura mountains) are a part of the permanent exhibition held in the Maison du Parc in Lajoux, 3 kilometers from the lake.
- Departure : Lamoura lake parking lot
- Arrival : Lamoura lake parking lot
- Towns crossed : Lamoura
Every year, tens of thousands of hikers pass through this trail. For the well-being and safety of all, and to respect the environment, here are the rules to respect:
- Please keep your dog on a lead
- Do not leave the boardwalk
- Cycling is not authorised
- Take your waste with you
- Do not light any fires outside of the equipment provided
To visit and get about in the High-Jura, visit www.reshaut-jura.fr, the eco-mobility portal listing all means of transport within the Park.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: